Archive for category Mata Kuliah
¤ REPORTED SPEECH ¤
1. Anne always says “i love flowers”.
– anne always says that she loves flowers.
2. Anne said “the sun rises from the east”.
– anne said that the sunrises from the east.
1. Jessica said, “i love novels”
– jessica said that she loved novels.
Simple Present (s + V1) -> Simple Past (s + V3)
2. Kate said “my father went to Las Vegas yesterday”.
– kate said that her father had gone to Las Vegas the day before.
Simple Past (s + V3) -> Past Perfect (s + had + v3)
3. Sarah said, “my boyfriend is cooking now”.
– Sarah said that her boyfriend was cooking at present.
Present Continous (s + is/am/are + Ving) -> Past Continous (s + was/were + Ving)
4. Mariah said, “Nia was watching tv when i came”
– mariah said that Nia had been watching tv when she had come.
Past Continous (s + was + Ving) -> Past Perfect Continous (s + had + been + Ving)
5. Rachel said, “my aunt will give me a present tomorrow”.
– Rachel said that her aunt would give her a present the next day.
Future (s + will + v1) -> Past Future (s + would + v1)
6. Lina said, “i have written 2 letters”.
– Lina said that she had written 2 letters.
Present Perfect (s + have/has + v3) -> Past Perfect (s + had + v3)
7. Sandra said, “Alicia can swim fast”.
– Sandra said that Alicia could swim fast.
Present Future (s + modal + v1) -> Past Future (s + modal + v1)
1. Julia Perez asked me, “what are you doing now?”
– julia perez asked me what i was doing at present.
2. Julia Perez asked me, “how many books do you want to buy?”
– julia perez asked me how many books i wanted to buy.
3. Julia Perez asked me, “where did you go last night?”
– julia perez asked me where i had gone the night before.
1. Nizmah asked me, “can you help me translate my letter?”
– nizmah asked me if i could translate her letter.
2. Nizmah asked me, “do you bring my novel?”
– nizmah asked me if i brought her novel.
3. Nizmah asked me, “have you returned the book you borrowed to the library?”
– nizmah asked me if i had returned the book i had borrowed to the library.
1. Mrs. Vette told us, “be careful, guys!”
– mrs. Vette told us to be careful.
2. Mrs. Vette told me, “bring the umbrella!”
– mrs. Vette told me to bring the umbrella.
V. Negative Command
1. Mother told me, “don’t waste you money on cigarettes”.
– mother told me not to waste my money on cigarettes.
2. Fregha told me, “dont be said!”.
– fregha told me not to be said.
¤ RELATIVE PRONOUN ¤
= kata ganti hubung
fungsi : untuk menghubungkan 2 kalimat tunggal.
cirinya : Who, whom, whose, where, which.
= kata ganti orang sebagai subjek, orang diikuti verb/to be.
eg : The boy is handsome
He is standing in the class
~ The boy Who is standing in the class is handsome.
= kata ganti orang sebagai objek, diikuti subjek.
eg : The girl is smart
My brother loves her
~ The girl Whom my brother loves is smart.
= kata ganti orang sebagai kepemilikan.
eg : The boy is my farmer boy
His hair is curly
~ The boy Whose hair is curly is my farmer boy.
= kata ganti benda sebagai objek/subjeck, bebas.
eg : The movie is frightening
We watched it yesterday
~ The movie Which we watched yesterday is frightening.
= kata ganti tempat sebagai keterangan.
eg : The building is very lux
We study there
~ The building Where we study is very lux.
a. That = alternative jawaban untuk who, whom, dan which.
b. Of Which = kepemilikan untuk benda.
eg : I like the mouse
Its colour is white
~ I like the mouse of which the colour is white.
c. In Which = Where
d. Whom > kata ganti Orang sebagai Objek.
Which > kata ganti Benda sebagai Objek.
bisa diawali oleh preposisi.
eg : Ola Ramlan is sexy
Frank fall in love with her
~ Ola Ramlan whom Frank falls in love is sexy.
eg : The song is good
We listen to it everytime
~ The song to which we listen everytime is good.
orang who p/verb
orang whom s + p
orang whose noun
benda which p/s + p
tempat where s + p